Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Semi-Pro Hockey, Anyone?

So, I'm walking through TOPS after work today and my phone rings as I contemplate which size Ziploc bags I should purchase. I toss my 24 pack of toilet paper on the ground and grab my phone out of my fake Prada. A (585) number? Who on earth is calling me, I think to myself. Is (585) the psycho toothless guy who won't take no for an answer? I slide my phone open and cautiously say, "Hello???". On the other end is the sweet voice of a woman named Shannon, the person in charge of the anthem singers for the....ROCHESTER AMERKS! Yes, it's going to happen. I am singing at a semi-pro hockey game! Shannon is e-mailing me a game schedule so I can see what dates work for me. "You'd really drive 2 hours to do this?" she asks. "OH, YES! I have plenty of friends in Rochester!" I reply, thinking of my list, wanting to tell her about it, but don't. "Do you know the Canadian national anthem?" she asks. "Ummm, no...but I can easily learn it..." and I note that I am a Fredonia School of Music graduate, to which she says, "Well, knowing you come from that background you probably won't need to audition then..." :)
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! Not only will I sing at a game (or possibly gameS), but I will get 4 tickets as well-- so who will join me??? I'll probably need a place to stay, so Rochester friends and fam, don't fail me now!
Now I am more motivated than ever to contact the Binghamton Senators and the Syracuse Crunch. Clearly, I've got nothing to lose!
But now, the IMPORTANT question: WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR? ;)

3 comments:

  1. That is amazing news! Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOO awesome! I'm so happy for you! Please let me know when, Gregg and I are always looking for excuses to have extravagent date nights and this would be a perfect one! I'd love to see you sing again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats awesome!!!!!!!! have fun

    ReplyDelete