Thursday, September 24, 2009

GO AMERKS!

Well, I've been scheduled to sing at two upcoming Rochester American games:

Friday, November 6th vs. Syracuse (7:05 game)
Sunday, December 27th vs. Binghamton (5:00pm game)

They are giving me 4 tickets to each game that I will pick up on game day. Not sure who plans to attend at this point (i.e. my parents?) but hoping my cousin, Megan, will meet me at the game and be my hostess in Rochester for the night! I'll keep you all posted if I have any extra tickets!
I wish Baxter could come. I mean, he's about the size of a zamboni anyway, and could probably clean the ice a lot faster. :)

Can you believe this is actually going to happen? I keep asking why I ever waited so long to do the things on my list, and I have no excuse other than that I never WROTE THEM DOWN. I always say things in my head like, "I want to go to Chicago" or "I want to sing at a semi-pro hockey game" but I have never acted on them. Seeing these things in print and crossing them off my list is changing my life more than I ever thought it would. It's an amazing feeling to believe in yourself, in who you are, and accept that you are the only one that controls your life and your attitude. Life feels great and I still have about 26 items left to cross off--- can only imagine how I'll feel when I cross the final item off. :)

Oh, by the way-- I talked to the organizer about what I should I wear when I sing at the game...but I think I'll buy a new outfit anyway. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Good for you friend!!

    You should make a weekend of that November weekend and come to the Founder's Day celebration too. I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete